The Building of the Prefecture
(The formerly Governor's Palace)
It is one of the most considerable buildings construced during the Italian occupation of the island. It is a combination of many different architectural styles and its arrangement strongly resembles the Palace of the Duces in Venice.
It was built in 1927 by the Italian architect, Florestano di Fausto. It was used by the Ialians as the Governor's Palace and today it houses the Prefecture of the Dodecanese.